Monday, September 15, 2008

Still Dell

Here I sit, three weeks and three days later and I am still waiting for Dell to send me a box to return a Dell laptop for service. Yes, I know the warranty said in-home service, but I guess they meant their home.

I'm number 33 in queue to get to talk to a Dell Chat agent. That's not so bad, because 13 minutes ago I was number 77 in queue, and it's sure a lot better than the 40 minute wait I had to talk to someone the first time I called.

How is this so difficult? For that matter, am I the only one who has to spend hours and hours on the phone waiting for them to tell me that the problem is in the CPU? How the heck do they stay in business, if this is the way they provide service to their customers?

Woo Hoo, I'm number 26, no number 24 and it's only been 17 minutes. I'll bet they'll be here before Keith Olbermann gets to #3 on the Countdown. Nope, I was wrong. I've made it to number 18 and Keith is up to Bushed. Then it's commercials and # 3 and I'm still waiting.

Twenty minutes down and I'm number 15 in queue. I love the word queue! I don't necessarily love being stuck in the queue-go-round, but I do like a word that has two u's so close to each other. Twenty two minutes and I'm number 12. Keith is still on commercial break, but I think he'll be back before I get helped. Maybe not, I'm number 10, 9, 8, . . . I better get ready to go talk to Dell, I'm sure they'll be here soon.

Keith is back and we're Playing Oddball. Numbers 7, 6, and 5. I'm feeling lucky, like I may really get helped. Chuck Todd is next, but first the World's Best Persons.

I wish NBC would tap Chuck Todd for Meet The Press. Number 4 and we're back to commercial. Number 3 and I'm going to go talk to Dell. It only took about 30 minutes for them to get around to me. I'll bet if I was placing an order they would have help a long time ago. Number 2 in queue. That means I'm next.

UPDATE:
I waited 30 minutes. I got to number 1 in queue and got the message thanks for chatting with Dell and they cut me off. I am now number 84 in queue and I am PISSED.

No comments: