Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bellatrix day two of starting over


I am ready for the heel - woohoo. I finished up the pattern of the leg of the sock and today I will be doing the heel. I still haven't decided if I will do the pattern on the foot, because I think the holes will make the wearing uncomfortable.

I am learning so much about knitting at Ravelry. The Thrifty Knitters Sock group tips and hints has made doing this project possible for me. I never would have tried something that looked this hard without the group.

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton, the January B&N First Look book club selection is an awesome book. I am enjoying the book and reading the other people's comments in very enlightening. Sometimes I want to comment that a picture could be just a picture, or a name could be just a name, and it doesn't have to have significance in the end of the story.

Kate Morton is definitely a storyteller and she drew me in with the first chapter. I like reading the other opinions, but I'd also like to just sit and read without dissecting after every chapter.

No comments: