Friday, January 2, 2009

T is for Trespass

To reach my goal of reading 52 books in the next 52 weeks, I chose T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton as my first book of 2009. I really like the alphabetical series that follows Kinsey Millhone, Private Investigator for Santa Teresa, California; however, this was not one of my favorites. I'm not sure if it is because it has been three years since the S was published or if it is because the plot line of this story (elder abuse) could so easily happen to any of us.

This story is told from the viewpoint of Kinsey, the private investigator, who suspects her elderly neighbor is being abused and Solana, the nurse's aide who stole the identity of a coworker, in order to steal the possessions of Kinsey's elderly neighbor, Gus. After Kinsey is hired by Gus' niece to do a background check on Solana, Kinsey starts to suspect that Solana is not she says she is. By then it's too late and Kinsey can't get anyone with authority to believe her suspicions.

The best thing about Kinsey and the alphabet series, is that Kinsey is just like the rest of us. She has a craving for fast and greasy foods, men who aren't good for her, and she is fiercely loyal to her friends.

P.S. It snowed again today, but I had a wonderful lunch with Mary, Marie, and Lee. I sure miss my old neighbors.

2 comments:

Aurora said...

i always wanted to read this series---do you think i should start with the very first one?

also--thanks for the comment on my blog--but I made a typo--it was really only 20,000 visitors (but I am still celebrating) so please send me you e-amil address if you want to win a hat!

Katknit said...

Kinsey's always fun. Read T a few months ago, and I think it's one of the best of the bunch!