Sunday, November 9, 2008

Anonymous sources

Everyone is up in arms because members of the McCain campaign are making comments to the media about Sarah Palin. My question to those who think it is horrible to say negative things without going on the record is, why the heck shouldn't they?

Have you considered that maybe they think she is so unqualified to be President that they want to warn the Republican party without ruining their careers as political operatives?

I think we should thank the anonymous sources. After all, Deep Throat is the most famous anonymous source and he was the first chink out of the armour that was the Nixon administration. If DT had not made the difficult decision to be truthful, Nixon could have gotten away with his dirty politics.

So for me, I'm fine with anonymous sources. As long as the news media ensures the sources are reliable, I say go for it.

No comments: