Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Friends

Who says you shouldn't make friends over the internet and meet them in real life. I have "met" people that I admire, like, love, respect, pray for, and just about any other descriptive word you can think of and I have never met them in person. Today, however, I met Elaine as she came through Washington on her way home after a cruise to Alaska.

Elaine and I have been pen pals for about five years and we have gotten to know each other through letters, cards, and a few phone calls. She is just as amazing in person as she is in her letters and on the internet. We went to lunch and then I drove her around town, past the eagle's nest, past my high school, YMCA, and kindergarten. We talked and talked and talked and then she had to leave to go back to her SIL's house.

I had the most wonderful day, meeting a friend and I lost three pounds at WW.