Friday, November 3, 2017

The Black Sheep Knitting Shop is where people go to learn new skills, enhance old skills, make friends, meet friends, and just visit and knit (or crochet).  It's really like every Local Yarn Store, except these friends have a habit of falling over dead bodies and solving the crimes.   Lucy is getting married and her friends decide they need to take her on bachelorette weekend at a friend's B&B in the resort community of Osprey Shores. 

Their first morning at the resort a body is found (I know, cliché but it's a mystery so there must be a dead person) and the women put their sleuthing skills to work on solving the murder.  There are a plethora of suspects and twists and turns, which makes the mystery more fun to read.   I thoroughly enjoyed trying to figure of the murderer before it becomes obvious.  I will admit to being sure I knew who it was several times.

Knit to Kill by Anne Canadeo is a really good cozy.  The characters are well defined and likeable.  This is part of a series of books by this author that take place at Black Sheep Knitting Shop, but it is not necessary to read them all to enjoy one.  The author takes the first chapter to set up the premise and introduce the characters, so the reader is never left to try to figure out who's who. 

I love cozy mysteries and Anne Canadeo is one of the authors I follow.  Not only does she write good books, she also throws in a knitting pattern and a recipe.

I requested and received an ARC of this book from NetGalley.  This review is my opinion.

No comments: