Friday, September 22, 2017

The Cuban Affair by Nelson DeMille

It is my opinion that Nelson DeMille couldn't write a bad book if he tried. Starting with The Charm School which I swear I read in the mid 70s, through the John Cory series that is still ongoing (I hope), I don't think I've missed a book.

While the main characters are similar each one has his own foibles and strengths.  The author gives the reader the James Bond like hero, but unlike Bond, these men are flawed and more real life like.

The Cuban Affair lives up to all my preconceived notions of what a Nelson DeMille suspense novel should include. The suspense is intense at times, the plot is intriguing and believable, and the characters are very well drawn and likeable.  The only way to improve on this book would have been if it had been an audio book, because his books are what audio books are made for.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley.  All views are my own.

No comments: