Thursday, November 24, 2016

The Christmas Cake Cafe

The Christmas Cake Cafe by Sue Watson is a good book and I enjoyed the main theme. I liked Jen and Jon.  I liked Jen's half sister most of the time because she was definitely a big catalyst in Jen letting go of the pain of her past.  I found Jen's two friends and travel buddies people I would avoid if ever I were to meet them.  Together they were too loud, too out there, and way too full of themselves. I mean who travels with only a suitcase full of clothes that can't be worn in public, and dancing on tables is fun when you are in college, but not when you are pushing 30.

I enjoyed reading about the village, the shops, the townspeople, and the budding romance between Jen and Jon, and I wish the author had spent more time on them and Jen's coming to terms with her parents divorce.

I received this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

No comments: