Sunday, September 18, 2016

Jamie Quinn mystery collection

This set includes the first three books in the Jamie Quinn mystery series and I found them unique, amusing, and a great way to spend an afternoon.

Since there are three complete books in this Audible collection, I will give an overview of my impressions and then review each book separately on Goodreads, Amazon, and B&N for interested listeners. I will say I enjoyed each book equally.

Jamie Quinn is a 30 something family practice lawyer, who is still recovering from the death of her mother. She works with a thrice divorced PI named Duke, has a great boyfriend named Kip, and a best friend from law school named Casey. These are the main characters in the book.

In between her cases, boyfriend, and caring for her late mother's cantankerous cat, Jamie is looking for her father.

The narrator is great, with one exception, her characterization of Duke's voice was like nails on the chalkboard. Of course it is possible that this is the way the author pictured Duke, he is a tad bit flaky. I would definitely listen to more books she narrates.

No comments: