Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Christmas at the Little Village Bakery

Christmas at the Village Bakery is the ideal winter read. I loved the location and the premise.  I liked most of the people, or in other words, I liked the people I was supposed to like and hated Tori's uptight snob of a mother (the jury is still out on her father).

Tori and Spencer are a newly engaged couple who return to his quaint English hometown from Colorado where he is an exchange teacher in the school where she teaches.  The plan is to spend Christmas with their respective parents and his boyhood friends.

When her extremely snooty mother arrives, she does her best to try to break up Tori and Spencer. Of course, his free spirited, liberal leaning, parents with a tendecy to drink too much and speak to freely, don't help Spencer's case.

The village people are friendly and helpful.  The bakery and pub are cozy and the small town atmosphere made me want to visit (except for the snow, I hate snow).

All in all, I enjoyed Christmas at the Village Bakery and the author's writing style.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

No comments: