Saturday, July 23, 2016

Fatal Affair by Marie Force

I really liked this book and can't believe that I missed this series.  It reminded me of the In Death series by J. D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) in that the main characters were made for each other and the crimes are complex and not easily solved.

I have read several books by this author and enjoyed them all, but they were, for the most part, romances.  This book is full on crime solving with a good love story in the background. The secondary characters add to the success of the book and the political undertones were very topical.

Joe and Samantha met six years ago and spent a wonderful night together.  When her called her the next day and several days thereafter she was not given the messages.  He gave up thinking she was not interested and she just thinks he was not interested.  When Joe's boss and best friend, Senator John O'Connor is murdered, Joe and homicide police Sergeant Sam come together to solve the crime.

This is such a good book and I'm sure I will be enjoying the rest of the series.

I was given this book by NetGalley in return for an honest review.  Thank you NetGalley.

No comments: