Friday, February 1, 2013

What has happened to Customer Service?

I may be a bit jaded having worked with customers for most of my 33 1/2 years in telephony, but everyone knows when they are getting bad service pitched at them. 

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from a catalog clothing company offering $60 off any order of $200.  The ad said the offer expired on 1/20/2013, at 2:00 p.m. on January 20th I placed an order and the coupon was rejected as "expired".  I sent an e-mail to the company's customer service asking for an explanation and I am still waiting to hear back. 

Last week I ordered a comforter and sheet set from HSN's Joy Mangano's line.  It was the special value of the day at $150, which is an excellent price.  Unfortunately, the sheets had an awful odor, but it did come out when I washed them.  They were very poorly sewn and there were loose threads all over.  When I put them on the bed, the elastic snapped. 

I called HSN and spoke to a concerned representative who said (after speaking to a supervisor) they would send me new sheets so I didn't have to send the whole thing back. Unfortunately, I got cut-off and when I called back the new customer service representative spoke to two supervisors who said no way would they have said that. They did offer a credit of $25 for the sheet set, which is for sale at HSN for $79.99. Seriously? How can they possibly offer me $25 credit and then justify selling the same thing for $79.99?  Do I look stupid.  

I tried to leave a review on HSN, but for some reason they aren't accepting reviews.

I am a very unhappy customer, but no one seems to care.

No comments: