Saturday, June 30, 2007

Mowing the lawns

Mowing the grass around here is never ending. It starts in February and ends, depending on the Fall weather, in October or November. When I first took over the job at the beginning of last year, it took me seven or eight hours, now I can get it done in six.

I'm not really good at avoiding things either, which is not good as there are approximately 20 trees and bushes in my way. Last week I ran into, and tore a big branch off of, one of the apple trees. Luckily, it wasn't the kind of apples I like. I also ripped out a small rhododendron plant.

It's also good that most of the mowing is out of mom's hearing, because she would have a fit if she knew about all the things I had run into/over/or smashed to smithereens.

Last year I almost went off the top of the ditch, backwards and at top speed, because I couldn't remember how to slow down the throttle.

Anyway, I made it through last year, I will make it through this year. Last year I listened to the latest Dixie Chicks cd (no, I do not have an IPOD or MP3 player; yes, I know I am the only person in the world without one), this year I am listening to Spanish language lessons. Hola, como estas?

No comments: